Price Transparency, Consumerism, and Healthcare Marketing
In January 2019, CMS rules went into effect requiring hospitals to share a file with chargemaster data for their services.
On January 1, 2021, those requirements expand to include a consumer-friendly online presentation for at least 300 shoppable services. These rules force healthcare marketers to take a seat at the transparency table and help translate internal data into consumer-friendly content ready for the web.
Attend this session and learn how trends like industry consumerism and transparency are impacting legislation. Review what the current and proposed regulations call for, as well as why healthcare marketers should aim to go beyond compliance and find ways to help consumers make decisions about their care. Discover how organizations can use pricing strategically as well as position your system’s offerings beyond price alone.
Join us for this free webinar and learn:
- The background of the price transparency movement and how we got to where we are today
- What rules and regulations you need to be aware of, including dates and compliance requirements
- How to approach pricing strategically at your organization
- The differences between price transparency and cost estimation tools and how to use both to deliver value to your patients and potential patients
- What healthcare marketers should aim for with transparency initiatives to help consumers make educated decisions about their care
Chief Strategy Officer
Ben’s a big picture type of guy. He loves sharing new ideas in digital marketing, keeping a watchful eye on healthcare industry trends and seeing how it all intersects. A sought-after speaker, writer, blogger and former SHSMD president, Ben’s an influential voice in healthcare marketing, helping organizations across the country embrace online strategies to engage health consumers. Combine his industry savvy with his background in software development and you can see why he’s also an important member of Geonetric’s software team, ensuring our content management system stays a step ahead of market needs. Ben holds a master’s degree in eBusiness and strategic management from the University of Iowa and a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering from the University of Michigan.