We have a saying at Geonetric: If you’re used to standing out, you’ll fit right in. We hire the best. The best strategizers. The best creative thinkers. The best self-organizers. And for these best and brightest, we’ve created one of the most admired work cultures around.
We’re Growing! Come join our expanding team!
Whether you’re a sky’s-the-limit creative type, a by-the-numbers code geek, or a list-driven project manager, you’ll find a great career at Geonetric. Explore our open positions and apply to join our team of technical and creative experts:
Geonetric welcomes diversity. It makes us an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and a fun place to work full of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. In addition, Geonetric is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals and applicants with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, contact Geonetric Human Resources at 319-221-1667 or at email@example.com.
Culture — Trust, transparency, and remote-first
Geonetric has no managers. No in-office requirement. No bottlenecks to slow you down. We’re agile and everyone is on a self-organizing team, focused solely on how to best deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. We embrace a remote-first culture, connecting employees located throughout the United States. We’re known for working hard, but we also trust each other to take a break when needed. That’s why employees are encouraged connect with coworkers through our Slack channels, take a walk to clear their head, or do some stretching to give their body a break. We treat our employees well and, in turn, they push Geonetric and our clients forward.
To succeed in our culture you need to be:
- Accountable: Your work is organized on an agile board — you’ll share the progress you’ve made on the high-quality work you’ve accomplished.
- Flexible: Things here change rapidly and often — you’ll adapt to new ways of thinking.
- Driven: We’re passionate about our disciplines — you need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today.
- Aware: Teams are everything — you need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others.
- Clear: In an open, transparent environment, communication is key — you need to be able to get information from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations.
Benefits — Competitive salaries and a whole lot more
The true benefits of working at Geonetric — self-organizing teams, passionate coworkers, doing work that makes a difference — far outweigh a laundry list of perks. But we know you still want that list, so here you go.
Stuff you’ll brag about to your family…
- 401(k) with company match and immediate 100% vesting
- Health, dental and vision plans covering yourself, and your family including domestic partners
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Flex spending accounts
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- No work day on your birthday
Stuff you’ll brag about to your friends…
- Flexible scheduling — Life happens and sometimes you need to adjust your schedule
- Casual dress — Jeans, T-shirts, and sneakers are the norm
- Remote work — The ability to work from home, or your favorite coffee shop
- Amazing office — Open floor plan; height-adjustable desks; free parking, beverages, and snacks for those choosing to work in the office
- Hip neighborhood — Our headquarters is part of the creative and innovative New Bohemia area in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Work Style — 100% focused on continuous improvement
Agile. Scrum. Self-directed teams. Geonetric works a little differently than most companies. It works for us — and our clients! Since we eliminated traditional management structures and moved to an agile culture, we’re delivering value to our clients faster than ever before. In fact, our client satisfaction scores are consistently surpassing our goals.
So what’s different about the way we work? Just a few things, like:
- Virtual agile boards. Everything goes on a virtual card and gets prioritized. Then, every team commits to moving their top priorities to done.
- Our teams meet virtually for a few minutes every day to talk about goals and activities for the day.
- Pairing is common at Geonetric and we take knowledge sharing seriously.
- We hold retros every week and talk openly about what’s working and what needs improvement.
Our goal is to improve our software and services a little bit every day. To become better, smarter and faster at what we do. In one month it might not be noticeable. But over time we’ll be unstoppable.
Our Values — Five guiding values
Giving Back — To countless nonprofits
From running 5Ks to hosting food drives, Geonetric has always been a giving company. But in 2011, we decided on a better way to use our team’s skill sets to help our community. We chose to do for charity what we do every day for our clients — build incredible websites.
We established Operation Overnight. Over the course of 24 hours, we commit to deliver (at no cost) a fully-functioning website or digital marketing services to a Cedar Rapids-based nonprofit organization.