We have a saying at Geonetric: If you’re used to standing out, you’ll fit right in. We hire the best. The best strategizers. The best creative thinkers. The best self-organizers. And for these best and brightest, we’ve created one of the most admired work cultures around.
Openings — The career you’ve always wanted awaits
Whether you’re a sky’s-the-limit creative type, a by-the-numbers code geek, or a list-driven project manager, you’ll find a great career at Geonetric. Explore these options and see if there’s a place you could contribute to our clients and our company:
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- Product Manager
- Web Content Strategist & Writer
- Digital Marketing Account Manager
Culture — Trust, transparency, and ping pong
Geonetric has no managers. No organizational chart. No bottlenecks to slow you down. We’re agile and everyone is on a self-organizing team, focused solely on how to best deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. We’re known for working hard, but we also trust each other to take a break when needed. That’s why employees are encouraged to grab a friend and play ping pong, catch up on reading in the library, or take a walk through our beautiful NewBo neighborhood. We treat our employees well and, in turn, they push Geonetric and our clients forward.
To succeed in our culture you need to be:
- Organized: No one will “supervise” you, so you’ll naturally get a lot of high-quality work done without outside pressure.
- Flexible: Things here change rapidly and often — you’ll adapt to new ways of thinking.
- Driven: We’re passionate about our disciplines — you need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today.
- Aware: Teams are everything — you need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others.
- Clear: In an open, transparent environment, communication is key — you need to be able to get information from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations.
Benefits — Competitive salaries and a whole lot more
The true benefits of working at Geonetric — self-organizing teams, passionate coworkers, doing work that makes a difference — far outweigh a laundry list of perks. But we know you still want that list, so here you go.
Stuff you’ll brag about to your family…
- 401(k) with company match and immediate 100% vesting
- Health, dental and vision plans
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Flex spending accounts
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Up to four weeks of sabbatical every two years
- Opportunity for semi-annual bonuses
Stuff you’ll brag about to your friends…
- Flexible scheduling — Life happens and sometimes you need to work from home
- Casual dress — Jeans, T-shirts, and sneakers are the norm
- Free parking — Just ask your friends who park in ramps how much this is worth
- Free massages — Every quarter
- Free beverages — Soda, tea, hot chocolate, and coffee
- Free cereal — For breakfast, lunch, and dinner if you want
- Hot, fresh popcorn — Every week
- Amazing office — Open floor plan, height-adjustable desks, and in-house café
- Hip neighborhood — Part of the creative and innovative New Bohemia area in Cedar Rapids and just steps from the popular NewBo City Market
Awards — Building one of the best workplaces in the region
We’re really good at winning awards — for both our clients and ourselves. And it’s not because we’re just super good at filling out questionnaires. It’s because we do great work, we provide top-notch client service and we’re obsessive about continuous improvement.
Work Style — 100% focused on continuous improvement
Agile. Scrum. Self-directed teams. Geonetric works a little differently than most companies. It works for us — and our clients! Since we eliminated traditional management structures and moved to an agile culture, we’re delivering value to our clients faster than ever before. In fact, our client satisfaction scores are the highest in company history.
So what’s different about the way we work? Just a few things, like:
- Notecards. Lots of notecards. Everything goes on a notecard and gets prioritized. Then, every team commits to moving their top priorities to done.
- Our teams meet for a few minutes every day, literally standing up, to talk about goals and activities for the day.
- Pairing is common at Geonetric and we take knowledge sharing seriously.
- We hold retros every week and talk openly about what’s working and what needs improvement.
Our goal is to improve our software and services a little bit every day. To become better, smarter and faster at what we do. In one month it might not be noticeable. But over time we’ll be unstoppable.
Our Digs — One super cool office
Have a question? We can find the answer. And fast. We don’t need to call someone at a location in a different state. We don’t even need to walk to another office. We all work together in one office space, collaborating and creating solutions for our clients.
In addition to wide open spaces, our remarkable location also offers:
- An office design that gives us everything we need to develop amazing Web solutions for our clients — from lots of natural light to training labs to our own recording studio.
- A fast Internet. Like, blazing fast. Let’s just say having fiber makes us a tad more productive.
- Opportunities to mingle with some pretty cool people. We share our office — and our breakrooms — with some innovative companies. You can feel the creative energy in the building!
Our Values — Five guiding values
Giving Back — To 27 nonprofits … and counting
From running 5Ks to hosting food drives, Geonetric has always been a giving company. But in 2011, we decided on a better way to use our team’s skill sets to help our community. We chose to do for charity what we do every day for our clients — build incredible websites.
We established Operation Overnight. Over the course of 24 hours, we commit to deliver (at no cost) a fully-functioning website or digital marketing services to a Cedar Rapids-based nonprofit organization. Then, we sleep.
Over the last five years — due to the incredible turnout of Geonetric volunteers — we’ve helped 27 deserving non-profits.