Web Writing for Healthcare in the 2020s
No matter what new trend or technology we’re optimizing for, well-written content that answers user questions and helps them complete tasks always performs.
Healthcare marketers not only have the opportunity to promote services that change lives but also to bridge communication gaps and improve health outcomes. According to the U.S. Department of Education, only 12 percent of American adults are able to find and understand the information they need to make informed health choices. Because people increasingly turn to digital resources to research medical decisions, the guidelines we’ll discuss in this webinar can help empower your audience to take an active role in their care.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create highly readable content for audiences with diverse health literacy levels and educational backgrounds
- Develop text content that meets today’s web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) – and those around the corner
- Make it easy for users to take actions that align with your business goals
- Portray your brand as a trusted, compassionate source of information and health services
- Reach prospective and current patients at different points in their journey and on various devices
- Use content to boost SEO
Web Writer and Content Strategist
Stella is an experienced healthcare marketer and editor. As a former social worker and patient education writer, she’s passionate about health literacy and giving patients the tools they need to take an active role in their care. At Geonetric, she uses data to drive strategic marketing recommendations and develops engaging, SEO-friendly content that reaches the right audiences at the right time and drives conversions. She holds bachelor’s degrees in English and music from Drake University and a master’s degree in strategic communications from the University of Iowa. This dog-mom to two basset hounds also plays the saxophone professionally and volunteers weekly as an online counselor for a nonprofit mental health chat service.