No matter what new trend or technology you’re optimizing for, well-written copy that answers users’ questions and helps them complete tasks always performs.
A streamlined, user-friendly online experience is increasingly a competitive differentiator in all industries. Healthcare is no exception. Web content that’s optimized for your target audience makes your site more appealing to users – and more effective to your organization as a marketing asset.
The Importance of Quality Web Content
Why do people come to your site? They want to find information or complete a task. If your content doesn’t meet the needs of your site visitors, they’ll leave.
Effective online content:
- Answers questions in a way users understand so they can make important decisions
- Builds relationships with current and prospective patients, employees, donors, and other audiences
- Leads visitors to take action that aligns with your business goals and marketing funnel
- Meets accessibility requirements
- Promotes your services, doctors, events, expertise, and locations
- Supports search engine optimization (SEO) efforts and helps attract new visitors
- Tells your story while highlighting the benefits of choosing your organization
Web Writing Tips
Now that you understand why users go online, here’s a checklist you can reference to determine if your copy will deliver value for task-oriented users and your medical organization.