We start with our flexible content management system. Then we add in core capabilities you won’t find anywhere else — like SmartPanels and FlexFilter. Then we include dozens of interactive, directory, content, design and social media modules created specifically for the healthcare industry — like our robust provider directory and popular wellness tools. VitalSite has everything you need and is still incredibly easy to use.
VitalSite’s core directories showcase the most important information on your site: your events, locations, providers and services. Our directories truly stand out in the market — they are flexible, robust and make it easy to maintain your content. All of the directories are interrelated, connecting site visitors with the information they seek and positioning your organization as a key service provider. And they work with our SmartPanel technology — so for example, visitors to your heart page will easily find information on your relevant care providers, upcoming screening events and directions to your facility.
Calendar and Event Directory: Manage your organization’s events easily and take advantage of online registration. Our calendar and events directory has been designed to help you manage multiple calendars — public and internal, reduce the burden on your call center staff, and preserve upsell opportunities. Users can search for classes and events by keyword, category, date and location; the results provide complete event information from descriptions and agendas to fees and contacts. Integrated eCommerce features allow visitors to register and pay online. And administrators can easily print class rosters and participant information. In addition, you can showcase your physicians' availability with VitalSite's Clinic Calendar. Site visitors can now see clinic times for specialists, hours of availability for individual practitioners and what providers are available at your locations.
Employee Directory: A main component of your employee intranet, employees can search for coworkers by name, department or facility. The directory can be linked to Active Directory so the employee list is easy to maintain and always accurate.
Location Directory: The Location Directory provides site visitors with in-depth details about your facilities, including service offerings, maps and directions, contact information, physician listings, photos, virtual tours and more. Visitors can search for your facilities by type, service, location or name. Best of all, you can manage information for numerous facilities in one central system with this directory.
Provider Directory: Finding a doctor is one of the top tasks performed by site visitors and can be a powerful tool for building relationships with physicians. VitalSite’s Provider Directory integrates with credentialing and call center systems to keep your data in sync and up to date. It offers an integrated search interface allowing visitors to find physicians by full name, partial name, department, specialty, gender, city, facility, type of patients accepted or any other criteria you define. Provider profiles are very robust and can include specialties, office information, maps, photos and videos.
Service Directory: Site visitors interested in learning about the conditions you treat will find all the information they need in this directory. The navigation is configurable — you can display directory terms in an alphabetical list or any category you select. You can create and connect service names to synonyms and related concepts so, for example, visitors searching for “heart surgery” can be easily connected to your angioplasty or cardiac rehabilitation services. The integrated search lets visitors search for services by keyword, drop-down list, A-Z and quick links.
Interactive modules share important information and tips with your site visitors in a fun and engaging way. By placing popular modules like wait time indicators and baby photos on your site, you can attract visitors to your site and encourage them to linger and learn about your services.
- Baby Names: Visitors can find the perfect name with this module, offering an easy-to-use search, name definitions and popularity information.
- Baby Photos: Announce new arrivals on your site. This module displays the baby’s name, weight, length, hair color, eye color, along with a message and multiple online photos.
- Clinical Trials: This module boosts recruitment for clinical trials. Visitors can search for trials and view descriptions and eligibility requirements. They can also request information or express interest in participating in a trial.
- Document Library: This virtual library on your website or intranet allows your organization to organize and share patient education materials, patient forms, employee resources and any other documents online.
- eCards: Visitors can send stylish eCards that they personalize on the website for patients or care providers. Employees can also use eCards on the intranet, giving recognition to coworkers. There are many designs and messages available.
- Wait Time Indicator: Patients can view the expected wait time at your emergency room or urgent care centers before they arrive. This module can easily be added to a mobile site as well.
Self-service transactions are critical to generating business value from your Web investments. VitalSite provides many modules and forms that support your eCommerce initiatives and offers convenient ways for your patients to interact with your organization online. VitalSite’s easy to use Forms Manager allows your site administrators to view and manage all submitted data. It provides secure data storage, allows you to set up user permissions and control workflow, sends email alert notifications and maintain your audit records. From online bill payment to event registration, VitalSite comes with a large selection of pre-built forms ready to customize and implement. Here’s just a sample of the many self-service transactions VitalSite offers:
- Appointment Requests: Patients can select a physician and request appointments when it's convenient for them.
- Bill Payment: Patients can pay hospital and clinic bills online with this fully-secure payment form.
- Donations: Visitors can make monetary donations securely online.
- Emergency Department Fast Pass: Patients can save a place in line at your emergency room or urgent care center before they arrive with this pre-registration form. It also allows you to accept payments.
- New Movers Information: Site visitors new to the area can sign up to receive a welcome packet from your hospital.
- Patient Registration: Patients can pre-register online, saving them — and you — time and hassle at check in.
- Prescription Renewal: Patients can request a prescription to be renewed online at their convenience.
Different audiences visit your site for different reasons. Prospective employees search for your newest job openings. The media is interested in your latest press releases. Health consumers look at your quality reports. VitalSite helps you target those specific audiences and allow you to easily present content — from quality reports to recipes — in engaging and user-friendly formats.
- Cafeteria Menu: Patients, visitors and employees can see the cafeteria menu in this convenient and useful format.
- Testimonials: Site visitors can view compelling testimonials from your patients. It’s easy to add content and photos using this module.
- Tests and Treatments: Patients can learn about what to expect before, during and after a test, surgery or treatment at your hospital. Includes patient instructions, procedure information, and location and contact details.
- Press Center: Members of the media can find information quickly. The Press Center helps you easily manage and update your press and media relations information online.
- Quality Reports: Visitors can review quality and cost information in an easy-to-read format, improving organizational transparency.
- Recipe Center: Visitors will continually visit your site to print out the healthy recipes displayed in this module. It’s a great way to promote healthy eating as well as your dieticians.
- Recruitment Center: Job hunters can learn what makes you and your community unique, review available positions and submit applications online.
- Volunteer Center: Volunteers can easily view volunteer opportunities, benefits and application requirements. They can also submit applications online, which you can store in this center.
VitalSite offers many different design elements that add personality to your site and leverage your offline marketing efforts. From video players to photo galleries to callout boxes, all elements can easily be placed on your pages and customized by our expert designers to coordinate with your unique visual brand.
- Content Display: Present content and images in a unique way using photo galleries, photo albums, tabbed content, accordion content, callouts, feature boxes and shadow boxes. Content displays help you present a large amount of information in a concise and clean format.
- Interactive Media: Keep site visitors engaged by presenting information using custom audio players, video players, podcasts and jQuery rotators. Interactive media elements provide a perfect way to showcase your providers, services and facilities.
- Page Presentation and Distribution: Make it easy for your site visitors to read, share and print your online content with VitalSite’s built in font size selector, email this feature and printer-friendly pages.
Social Media Elements
Incorporating social media should be part of your overall marketing strategy. VitalSite helps you drive traffic to your social media sites, including Twitter, Facebook and even blogs. And if you need help with your social media sites, Geonetric can work with you to create a social media strategy, design templates and campaigns that seamlessly integrate with your brand and your online presence.
- Blogs: Design and implement a blog on your website to create a seamless user experience as your site visitors go from your site to your blog and back.
- Facebook: Link your website to your Facebook presence with plug-ins such as the Like button, activity feeds and live stream. VitalSite’s Provider and Calendar and Events directories also integrate with your Facebook page.
- Google +1: Add a +1 button to your site. Google's +1 feature allows you to share recommended search results, Web pages and ads with your network.
- RSS Feeds: Customize and implement RSS feeds on your website to provide site visitors with timely updates from your blogs or other social media accounts.
- Social Sharing Toolbar: Implement a social sharing toolbar on your website to promote community building.
- Twitter: Drive visitors to your Twitter account with Twitter links, Twitter feeds, and Twitter panels.
- YouTube: Drive visitors to your YouTube site and incorporate your YouTube videos on your site, for example, in your Provider Directory.
Geonetric has partnered with the leading companies to provide our clients with additional services, such as eNewsletters and health content libraries. You can rest assured we researched each partner thoroughly, selected partners that provide superior products and services — and most importantly, work seamlessly with VitalSite. And you don’t have to worry that you’ll be given some 800-number and left to figure out the functionality on your own. For each of our partnerships we have in-house specialists who will help you get started, answer questions and provide technical support.
- CRM: Geonetric has incorporated CPM’s predictive modeling and profiling techniques into VitalSite, providing ways to deliver targeted patient content to site visitors.
- eNewsletters: Through our partnerships with ExactTarget and Private Health News, we make it easy to create and personalize targeted email newsletters.
- Health Content Libraries: Geonetric and Healthwise have partnered to create a solution that presents reliable health content though a unified online experience. In addition, Geonetric works with a number of other industry-recognized health content libraries, including Private Health News, A.D.A.M., and HealthDay.
- eCommerce: Through a partnership with Volusion, your site visitors can purchase gifts, resources (such as books and videos), durable medical equipment and even logowear online using this PCI-compliant secure shopping cart